Salmon with crispy pesto and cheese
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 2
Fresh Basil leaves — 2-3 handfuls (about 80 g)
Salt — a pinch
Olive oil — 50 ml
Garlic — 2 cloves
Pine nuts — 50 g
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese — 4 tbsp
Salmon fillet — 2 pieces
Grated Parmesan — 1 tbsp
Juice of ½ lemon
Breadcrumbs — 2 tbsp
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
If you have in the fridge, there’s pesto and bread crumbs, this dish takes 15 minutes. Baked so the fish is very tender and juicy. For one person is enough and one piece, but because this salmon is good and cold, it is better to prepare two and leave the second the next day for lunch.
1. Basil leaves blended together with a pinch of salt.
2. Pour in the olive oil and turn the blender again until you obtain a creamy texture. Add pressed garlic. It should not be too much, so he didn’t score the taste of Basil. Add nuts and cheese and mix all in a blender, gradually adding the remaining olive oil.
3. Add salt and pepper, keeping in mind that Parmesan is salty by itself, but raw garlic already gave the dish a spice. Instead of a blender you can use a mortar and pestle and grind all the ingredients by hand.
4. Prepared pesto can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
5. Breadcrumbs is better to use homemade than store-bought. For this slices of dry baguette just need to chop in a blender.
6. So you can control the texture and if you want to make the crumb bigger.
7. Ready breadcrumbs can be stored in an airtight bag in the refrigerator for 3 weeks.
8. Two tablespoons of pesto sauce to mix with half the crumbs to make a thick paste.
9. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the fillets. Hold a hand over the fish to make sure it does not stick bone. Drizzle the fish with lemon juice.
10. Spread the pesto mixture with the breadcrumbs on the fish.
11. Mix half the cheese with the remaining crumbs, spread pesto on top, and finally sprinkle all the remaining cheese.
12. Bake the fish on the middle shelf of the oven at a temperature 230S 10 minutes to the top zakolotitsja and became crispy and the fish was juicy.
13. If the waist and has a good appetite, can be served with fried in olive oil potatoes. For more easy dinner, serve the salmon with a green salad.