Salad Nicoise is a composite salad with assorted vegetables, tuna or anchovies, or both together.
Arugula (can substitute salad) — 1 bunch
Tomatoes — 2 PCs.
Hard-boiled eggs — 2 PCs.
Red onion — 1 PC.
Anchovy fillets in oil — 8 PCs.
Large green (or red) bell pepper — 1/2 PCs.
Green beans (plus a slice of garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, a bunch of parsley) — 200 g
Black olives (about 20 WTC, without seeds) — 2 tbsp
Lemon juice — 2 tsp
For the filling:
Olive oil — 5 tbsp
Garlic (crushed) — 1 slice
Basil (chopped) — 7-8 leaves
Wine vinegar — 1 tbsp
1. My all vegetables and greens, dry them. Make the dressing for the salad in advance, so that it is well steep. Mix the olive oil with vinegar.
2. Crushed clove of garlic, finely chop the Basil leaves. Add oil, salt, pepper. Filling is ready, remove it to the side.
3. Begin to do the vegetables. In boiling salted water, put the beans. Cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Drop the beans in a colander and covered her with ice water. So the beans will retain its beautiful green color and stays crispy.
5. Cut the beans ponytails. Today I left the pods intact, so beautiful, but I often cut them in half or three parts so that it was convenient to eat.
6. Heated 2 tbsp olive oil, put crushed garlic cloves.
7. Immediately spread on a pan of beans. Fry for about 2-3 minutes.
8. While the beans are roasting, finely chop the parsley.
9. Sprinkle our ready beans with parsley and sprinkle with lemon juice.
10. Gently stir and leave to cool.
11. Take two plates, on the bottom of each bowl place the arugula (or torn salad), put the onion cut into half rings, top with onions tomatoes, tomatoes — beans.
12. The beans spread the quartered sweet pepper, cut into thin strips along.
13. On pepper put the tomatoes.
14. Stir gently with a fork, pour our dressing, stir again gently and well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if needed. Before serving, cut the egg into 4 slices, spread on top of a salad. Spread olives, black olives and anchovies (on 4 things everyone). Sprinkle with lemon juice! The salad is ready!
Also in this salad you can (and should!) add tuna. I love option without eggs, anchovies and tuna, just all the same, but some vegetables; a salad is great as a side dish to steak ribeye. Tuna salad more nutritious and goes as a separate dish. Like I said, with this salad you can improvise as much as you want.