I often like to replicate restaurant meals at home, and this time was no exception. Once in San Francisco, in the store, noticed the stone on the counter, I immediately thought about how incredible the taste of khachapuri, the cheese, which is soft as a cloud melts in your mouth, leaving a pleasant salty taste.
MEGRELIAN KHACHAPURI – YUM!
And Yes, from the specified number it turns out quite a lot of khachapuri, three large cakes for a small family too much. I offered to bake the whole batch, and that will be wrap in clingfilm and put in the freezer. One day it will become a very nice find;) Just heat frozen khachapuri in the oven and enjoy again and again.
You will need:
– Warm water — 150 ml
– Sugar — 2 tsp
– Fast-acting dry yeast — 2 tsp
– Milk — 100 ml
– Butter — 30 g
– Egg — 1 PC
Sol — 1 tsp
– Flour — 500 g
– Suluguni cheese — 600 g
How to cook:
1. Prepare the dough for the test. Water gently reheat, add 2 teaspoons of sugar and stir well. Add the yeast, cover with cling film or towel and leave it on the table in 30 minutes
2. Milk is also slightly heat the oil, melt in microwave and let cool. In a large bowl sift the flour with salt, add the egg, milk and melted butter
3. Pour in the yeast and knead the dough. Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes until elastic. The finished dough grease with vegetable oil, put in a deep bowl and cover. Leave the dough to rise for 2 hours
4. When the dough has risen, cheese grate on a coarse grater
5. Divide the dough into 3 parts. A portion of dough roll out into a circle in the middle put grated cheese (≈150 g) the edges of the dough up and gather in the center
6. Turn the pouch seam side down and roll out again into a circle. Inside the pellet is air, it is possible to release the pinholes khachapuri in several places. Brush the cake with the beaten egg yolk
7. Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F) will Transfer the khachapuri to a baking sheet and generously sprinkle with cheese. Bake in preheated oven 8-10 minutes, then increase the temperature of the oven to high and broil until Golden brown ( about 5 minutes)
Megrelian khachapuri serve warm.
SAVE the recipe so as not to lose!