Japanese classics: Chatto Keeki
120 g flour
120 ml milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 heaping tsp. baking powder
maple syrup when serving
1. For the dough, whisk the milk, egg and sugar. Sift flour and baking powder. Mix thoroughly until smooth dough.
2. Sift flour, mix with baking powder.
3. The egg to mix with sugar, then add milk, essence and, optionally, melted butter.
4. Mix the flour with the powder. I had the finished mixture per 100 ml of milk and one egg.
6. Mix well with the milk and the egg.
7. Add the dry ingredients.
8. Stir until smooth.
9. We need a wet towel.
10. Preheat a frying pan and cooled it on a towel for one to two seconds:
11. Immediately pour the dough as best you can:
12. Until the desired shape and size:
13. If Skovorodka not cooling, the pancake will cook unevenly. Put on medium-low heat under the lid. When pancake begins to bubble as in the photo, turn it over.
14. Cook under a lid until the pancake starts to sizzle. Ready, you can transfer it to a plate!
You can serve it with butter, with chocolate or maple syrup, jam, fresh fruit: