So crispy on the outside and crumbly inside, the potatoes are first fried in deep fat, and then covered with a freshly brewed caramel. The result is a delicacy, which is only one problem – not to burn the tongue and palate, when you bite into the first piece.
2 large sweet potatoes (about 400 g)
1/3 Cup sugar vegetable oil, for frying (at least 1 l)
sesame seeds, black
Preparation: 5 min.
Preparation: 30 min.
Method of preparation:
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into not too big slices. Rinse with cold water, drain and dry, promaqua paper towels.
2. Heat the oil for deep frying to 160 °C. At this temperature a cube of bread with a side of 1 cm, cast into the oil turns Golden in 40 seconds.
3. Portions immerse the slices of sweet potatoes in the fryer and fry, turning, until Golden brown. Ready potatoes spread on crumpled paper towels or standing on a paper napkin a sieve to drain excess liquid.
4. At the same time cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly grease it with vegetable oil.
5. When the potatoes will be ready, in a clean large skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil and stir in the sugar. Heat over medium heat until the sugar begins to melt. Yea. When the sugar has melted, reduce the heat to low and continue to cook until the sugar becomes a dark brown. Do not mix!
7. Put the caramel potato slices and mix well to caramel coated each slice on all sides. Sprinkle sesame seeds and mix again.
8. Put sweet potatoes on the laid parchment baking sheet at some distance below the slices don’t stick together. When the glaze has cooled slightly, place on a dish and serve.