For the filling:
Minced meat (lamb, mutton + beef or pork + beef) — 500-600 g
Round-grain rice — 4-6 tbsp
Onion (medium or large) — 4-5 PCs.
Herbs Basil, mint, dill, cilantro — a small bunch
Butter — 50-70 grams
Vegetable oil — 50-70 ml
Cumin (ground or pounded in a mortar) — a pinch
Freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce:
Sour cream, natural yoghurt or sour milk — 1 Cup
Garlic — 4-6 cloves
Herbs Basil, cilantro, dill or parsley
1. Fresh or pickled vine leaves well rinsed. The Council. Fresh grape leaves are better to take young, a palm-size (collect leaves in the spring). The darker the leaves, the more they are older. For vegetables use only the leaves bright, white grapes.
Old and very large grape leaves. In this case it is better to take salt sheets, which can prepare for the future in the season, or purchase it at the market or supermarket (rolled into banks).
2. Grape leaves to put in a bowl, pour boiling water and stand about 5-7 minutes.
3. Strain the leaves in a colander and let it drain.
4. Drain the water, from the leaves to shake off the excess water. Each leaf to remove the stalks.
5. Peel the onion and finely chop.
6. In skillet, heat butter with vegetable, put onions, salt and fry on a slow fire, until soft.
7. Rinse the rice in.
8. Put in a pot, add water (1 part rice 2 parts water), put on fire, bring to a boil and cook 2-3 minutes from the moment of boiling. Strain the rice in a colander.
9. Greens wash and finely chop.
10. In a bowl put the mince, add the fried onions, boiled rice, chopped herbs, a pinch of cumin, salt and pepper.
11. The Council. Traditionally, the stuffing for dolma is prepared from mutton, but it is possible to add the beef. Also mince can be cooked from pork with beef.
12. Grape leaves spread out on the table smooth side down and up distinct veins.
In the middle of each sheet, place some of the mince.
13. First close the stuffing, tucking the top edge of the sheet.
14. Then close the filling lateral sides of the sheet. And, finally, to roll a tight tube, like a cabbage roll. Similarly, prepare the remaining vegetables. At the bottom of tolstodonnoy pan put 1-2 layers of grape leaves (for this purpose, suitable substandard, torn leaves). Put doleski close to each other, seam side down (you can put in several layers).
15. Pour the broth or water level with the dolma.
16. Water or broth, if necessary, a little salt, cover the dish, and on top to deliver the goods, while boiling the dolma is not unfolded. Put a pan with dolma on the fire, bring to a boil and reduce heat to minimum. Cook 1-1,5 hours with barely noticeable boiling.
Ready dolma remove from heat and let stand for about 10 minutes (during this time the broth is absorbed into the dolma, and it will become even juicier and tastier).
17. To prepare the sauce. Greens wash, dry and chop. Garlic peel and finely chop. To combine the sour cream with garlic and herbs, season with salt to taste and mix. Well cool the sauce in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours. Serve hot dolma with the sauce. Stuffing mix well with your hands.