“Mink mole” or “Bananas in the snow.”
If in this recipe to substitute the bananas with any fruit like cherries, apricots, peaches, then you will make a wonderful cheese cake with berries.
Why is this cake the Mole or Mink mole got such an interesting name, you’ll understand when you see his photo or prepare
For the recipe chocolate sponge cake (for mink) are used:
Sugar – 1 Cup volume of 250 ml with top (this will make about 180 g)
Chicken eggs – 4 PCs.,
180 g of wheat flour (in 1 Cup 130 grams of flour),
6 g of baking powder (about half a small pack),
4 tablespoons of boiling water,
2 tablespoons dry cocoa (without top)
Cream souffle cake Mink mole is prepared from:
500 g of sour cream (the original had 500 ml of cream),
250g grated soft cheese,
20 g of dry gelatin,
150 g of granulated sugar,
A big bar of chocolate,
Step-by-step photo cooking chocolate biscuit base for the cake Mole
This cake recipe I saw Elena Funk from Germany and decided to make it as close as possible to the original. So I will be here to describe this biscuit base for the cake Mole, although the basis can be anything, even plain sponge cake.
1. Share whites and yolks, proteins for a while put in the refrigerator. 4 egg yolks whisk with boiling water until fluffy foam
continuing to whisk, pours sugar and vanilla (about half a pack weighing 1G). Yolks together with the sugar, beat 3 minutes.
2. On turn the egg whites, we whisk in a thick foam, which easily remembers the shape and does not spread.
3. In a large container (that was easy to interfere with) put the yolks on top of them foam from the proteins do not stir!
4. Separately, mix the sifted flour, cocoa, baking powder, and this dry mixture is spread over the whipped eggs.
5. Now careful, smooth movements with a spoon (not a mixer!!!) mix all the ingredients for the base cake is a Mole.
6. The oven should already be heated to 180 degrees, form oiled and lined with oiled baking paper. We spread our dough
and put a chocolate biscuit to bake in the oven at the same temperature, baking time 30 minutes.
7. When cake has cooled, prepare from it a hole for the mole:
Carefully with a spoon take out all the crumb, leaving the whole bottom and sides, the thickness of the sides should be about 1-1.5 see
Crumb grind into crumbs.
Step-by-step cooking cream and cream cheese souffle cake Mink Mole
1.Dry gelatin cover with cold water (half Cup will be enough).
2.The sour cream with sugar (or whipping cream without the sugar, fat content they should be at least 30 %) whisk in the foam.
3. One banana crushed with a fork or a blender, add to the cream cheese (I pureed them together with cottage cheese in a blender), if you mash one cream no sugar, then add the sugar in the curd.
4. Tile cold chocolate to grate on a coarse grater.
5. When gelatin swell, on a slow fire it will need to be heated to dissolve the lumps.
6. Add to the cream cheese with bananas and chocolate, mix well.
7. A thin stream pour gelatin in cottage cheese and banana chocolate mass, mix well and add whipped cream or sour cream. Put cream cheese, cream, marshmallows and chocolate chips to harden in the refrigerator.
To assemble the cake Mink Mole:
1. 4 whole peeled banana put into our base – the hole for the mole, in some places, the banana will have to cut.
2. Bananas and voids in the crust, pour a part of the beginner it to thicken the cream (don’t forget it again put in the refrigerator to speed the hardening, I put it straight in the freezer).
3. Sprinkle a little bananas on top of crumbs from the biscuit.
4. Wait until the cream will seize, as in my photo
and put it up on a slide, the cake is already beginning to resemble the burrow of the mole,
5. it remains only to fill the brown crumbs from cake.
6. To put the wormhole in the fridge for 4 hours until the cake hardens, it is better not to cut. If you wish the very hole you can sprinkle the top with cocoa and decorate a cake with bananas a handful of chopped walnuts – you will get stones.
Here’s a nice banana cake soufflé turns out a breakdown (cottage cheese in it is not felt), look at photos than not Mink Mole, even strokes of his underground shows!