Beef soup with cumin
The original recipe for the soup with beef read in one book. There he belonged to Brazilian, so I’ll take it. Soup interesting unusual frying meat before cooking and spicy aroma.
Beef — 600 g
Butter — 30 g
Onion (100g) — 2 pcs.
Potatoes — 400 g
Salt — 1 tsp
Cumin — 1 tsp
Grated lemon peel — 1 tsp
Tomato puree — 150g
Garlic cloves — 2 pcs.
Sour cream — 200 g
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. The meat cut into small cubes, then fry on all sides in butter. Put the meat in small portions, so that it is roasted.
3. To add the roasted meat julienne onions and cook all together, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Put the meat in a pan of boiling water (1.5-2 liters) and cook for about half an hour.
4. Peel the potatoes and cut into slices, then put in the soup when the meat is half done. Season with salt.
5. Add to the soup thyme, grated lemon zest and cook until meat and potatoes are tender.
6. Add the tomato puree to the soup and chopped garlic. Bring to a boil and turn the heat off.
7. Serve with sour cream and herbs. By the way, the soup will taste even better if you let it brew for a few hours.