Flour — 250 g
Salt — 1 tsp
Sugar 255 g
Chicken eggs — 3 PCs.
Milk — 80 ml
Yeast — 20 g
Oil unsalted butter — 50 g
Raisins 75 g
Water — 500 ml
Vanilla — 1 pod
Rum — 60 ml
Orange zest — to taste
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Crumble the yeast in a Cup. Add the warm milk (the milk should be about 40ᵒС, no more). Stir. Set aside. You can add a pinch of sugar to the yeast quickly perked up.
3. Lightly beat the eggs. Eggs must be at room temperature.
4. In a large bowl sift the flour, salt and sugar. Make a well in the middle and pour the eggs there.
5. To the eggs, pour the milk with yeast, which already has had time to swell a bit.
6. Gently circular movements with a spatula, mix the dry ingredients with the liquid.
7. Mix slowly and carefully. You should get smooth dough uncool. Cover the bowl with a towel and place in a warm place. Can deliver around burning on the lowest heat burners, but not very close: it is impossible that the yeast was very hot. The ideal temperature for them +27ᵒС.
8. Grease the molds with melted butter and store in the fridge so the butter was frozen. As the oil hardens, remove and regrease the second layer of butter. Place in the refrigerator.
9. For the syrup, pour the water into a saucepan. Add the sugar, vanilla pod (or vanilla) and orange zest (optional). Simmer on very low heat, stirring with a spoon until then, until the sugar dissolves completely. Then cook for another 4 minutes, stirring all the time. In any case do not let the syrup boil. Remove from heat, pour into a wide container. Cool and add the cooled syrup rum.
10. Whisk the butter until it becomes light and airy.
11. Add the raisins and stir.
12. During this time the dough has increased in volume by 2 times.
13. Making a spanking motion with his hand, beat the butter with raisins in the dough. Drive it until then, until the dough becomes elastic. It may take about 5 minutes.
14. Next, remove the molds from the refrigerator. Fill them with dough about a third.
15. Put in a warm place and wait until the dough will rise again. Meanwhile turn on the oven and preheat it to 190ᵒС.
16. The dough needs to rise twice. If you don’t want such large caps, fill molds test only half. Send in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until caps are beautifully not browned.
17. Remove from the oven. Cupcakes are taken out of the molds very easily, even being very hot.
18. Dip the cupcakes into the syrup and let them soak. The cupcakes turn out very porous and well soak up the syrup like a sponge.
19. Next, put ready Baba on the grill so they have a little drained.
20. You can also put them on a dish, so they absorbed everything that flows from them.