Pasta made from adzuki – a traditional sweet for many countries in Asia. Not too familiar taste but we love it! These Japanese pancakes are called “Dora-yaki”. “Dora” means Gong. And the truth is, Dora-yaki is like a small Gong -the filling is placed not in the usual “envelope”, and between the two pancakes. Grease pancakes pasta need while they’re warm, and serve at once, and when cool.
Start cooking for 7 hours before serving
200 g of the adzuki bean
5 tbsp. sugar
2 cups flour
4 tbsp fine sugar
1 tbsp light sugar syrup or light honey
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt vegetable oil
Training: 6 hours
Preparation: 1 h 30 min.
Method of preparation:
1. For the sweet paste soak adzuki in a large quantity of cold water for 6 hours Then drain the water, pour beans 1 liter of fresh cold water, bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered on low heat for 1 hour or more. Beans should be soft.
2. Then start gradually, all the while actively stirring, for 1 tablespoon, add sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick like mashed potatoes, pasta with pieces of beans.
3. Remove from heat and stir 1-2 min Cool down.
4. The DPJ pancakes, mix the eggs, sugar and sugar syrup until smooth. Continue to mix until the sugar is dissolved.
5. Add to egg mixture the flour portions. Stir thoroughly to avoid lumps. Cover and leave for 30 min.
6. Then mix 150 ml of warm water with baking powder and salt. In small portions add to the dough. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
7. Over medium heat heat a pan of a small size. Lightly lubricate it with vegetable oil using a silicone brush. Pour a little of the dough and bake not too fatty pancakes with a diameter of 12-14 cm.
8. Ready pancakes put in a bowl and cover with a plate so they stay warm.
9. When all the pancakes are ready, put one pancake in front of him and lubricate the center with a thick layer of the paste from the beans (do not grease the edge, not the paste will then come out). Cover on top of the second pancake and spread the resulting “sandwich” on a plate.